Spring Vendor FAQ

 When are vendor applications due?

Early Bird Deadline is December 31. You will be notified of acceptance, denial or deferment by February 1. Deferred applicants will be notified of acceptance or denial decision by March 1.

Deadline for applications submitted after December 31 is 5:00 p.m. on February 7. You will be notified of acceptance or denial decision by March 1.

I missed the deadline. Can I still apply? No applications will be accepted after the deadline. No exceptions.

How will I be notified if I am accepted? You will be notified via the email you provided when you applied.  

When am I notified of when I am accepted? All vendors will be notified no later than March 1.

When are vendor hours? Street Fair vendors (those who are set up on Hay St., Person St. and all side streets) should expect to be open to the public on Saturday, noon - 6 p.m. and Sunday, noon - 6 p.m. Food vendors should expect to load in Friday and be open event hours Friday (5 p.m. to 11 p.m.), Saturday (Noon to 11 p.m.), and Sunday (Noon to 11 p.m.).

When can I apply? Applications for Spring are posted every October 1.

Is there an application fee? Yes, there is a $25 non refundable processing fee. This fee cannot be used toward your booth fee if you are accepted.

Do you already have a ________ vendor? No! We only begin accepting vendors AFTER the deadline has passed. No previous vendors are guaranteed a spot and everyone is judged on the application that goes before the vendor selection committee during the current year.

Can I choose my location? No. However, our vendor committee considers any information you put on your application concerning location.

Can I have electricity? Yes, you can have electricity for an additional fee. You MUST indicate this on your application and include the fee with your booth payment. Electricity cannot be purchased at check-in.

Did our electric fees go up? Yes, in 2020 our electricity charge must increase. The cost of electric is higher than the fee. This year, for the sustainability of the festival, we need to increase our costs. Electricity starting in 2020 is $60 per 10x10 space.

The photos I would like to submit are larger than 1MB. How can I make them smaller? We recommend resizing your photos. CLICK HERE for a website to use to resize your photos.

Can I bring a generator? Generators are not allowed at this event under any circumstances.

What will my application be judged on? You will be judged on everything you include with your application. Make sure your information (price points, product descriptions, electrical requirements, etc) and photos are accurate and detailed. Anything not on your application will not be considered. Your application will be the only thing that goes before the vendor selection committee.

What does my fee include? Your fee includes a 10’x10’ space (or larger for food vendors) during the festival. It is up to you to bring your own tent, table, and any other set up materials for your space. Electricity and/or additional space is an additional cost and must be specified on your application.

I want a spot to advertise my business. Should I apply? Vendor space is intended to sell items on-site for patrons to purchase. Businesses that desire space for advertising and promotion would qualify as a sponsor for the event. Visit our sponsor page HERE for more information about joining the festival as a sponsor.

I sell Scentsy, LuLaRoe or another catalog, independent, or home-based consultant sales product. Do I qualify as a commercial vendor? No. We do not accept catalog, independent, or home-based consultant sales such as Scentsy, LuLaRoe, Avon, Pampered Chef, etc. Should you still apply, your application fee will not be refunded.

My items are not hand-crafted/my items were made by somebody else. Do I qualify as an arts & crafts vendor? Items that are not hand made are considered commercial products. Apply accordingly by selecting commercial vendor in your application.

What exactly is a prepackaged food vendor? Prepackaged food items are prepared off-site and packaged to sell on-site to consumers/festival goers.

I am with a winery and would like to be a vendor. Which category do I fit into? Wine vendors have a new special place in our festival starting in 2020. You will apply as a wine vendor and have two options to sell. You can sell by the glass, in the park, during all of the official festival hours. Or you can sell by the bottle in our street fair during street fair hours. Either way, apply as a wine vendor when you apply.

I sell sauces and/or seasonings. Which category do I fit in? Sauces and seasonings are considered prepackaged food and should apply as such.

Do I have to have a NC Sales & Tax ID? Yes, all vendors must have an NC Department of Revenue Sales & Use Tax ID Number, regardless of what state you are coming from. In order to obtain a Certificate of Registration, a person must complete form NC-BR Business Registration Application, available through online registration from the Department’s website. CLICK HERE to apply for a NC Sales & Tax ID number.

What is the expected attendance? Our spring festival typically brings in 250,000+ attendees over the three-day weekend.

I am traveling to the Dogwood Festival. Where should I stay? Please visit our hotel accommodations page for information about our recommended hotels. CLICK HERE for more information.

I’m a food vendor. Am I required to pay a deposit? Yes, all food vendors are required to pay a refundable deposit for keeping your space clean and attending to your trash properly. Food vendor deposits are fully refundable when you have been cleared of your responsibility of properly disposing of waste.


Do you still have a question? Submit your question using the form below!

Name *
Phone *